Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Are the Iterative Sparse Solvers parallelled?

watercube
Beginner
Hi all
I have a question about the Preconditioned Iterative Solver, such as combining ILUT and FGMRES for non-symmetric matrix.
Is it parallelled by OpenMP in the MKL version 10.3?
Such as the direct solver PARDISO, it is said "a speedup of up to seven using eight processors has been observed."
Thanks very much!
Kevin
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Currently, the ILUT and FGMRES preconditioners are not multi-threaded into the current version (10.3) of MKL.There are Feature Requests submitted earlier. We are working on these issues.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
watercube
Beginner
Gennady
Thanks a lot!
Right now my solver is too slow for non-linear equation, I think I have to develop my own parallel solver!
Kevin
0 Kudos
yanpu_z_
Beginner

Hi, I wonder if the sparse iterative solver is parallelized in the lastest version of MKL 11.0? Is it still inder development? Thanks a lot! 

0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2

Hi yanpu,

Currently MKL support only sequential version of FGMRES. But this solver implemented as RCI routines so multiplication on matrix A and preconditioner can be implemented via parallel version of routines - SparseBlas, Blas, Lapack or Pardiso functionality.

With best regards,

Alexander Kalinkin 

0 Kudos