Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Bigenner's qestion re. MKL + IVFortran + Visual Studio

eugene_benilov
Beginner

I am using Intel Visual Fortran 9.1 for Windows, in the Visual Studio environment, and have recently installed the Math Kernel Library (my intension was to, mainly, use its Lapack95 component).

So, following the instruction, I've built the "mkl_lapack95.lib" library, then added

mkl_lapack95.lib mkl_c.lib libguide.lib

to the "Additional Dependencies" of my project, then added

C:Program FilesIntelMKL9.0ia32lib
C:Program FilesIntelMKL9.0interfaceslapack95

to the "Additional Library Directories" of the project and that of the whole Visual Studio.

Still, when I am building my project, Visual Studio can't find any of the two modules contained in mkl_lapack95.lib (mkl_precision and mkl95_lapack).

Can anybody suggest what went wrong?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hi, Have you included "mkl_lapack.f90" into your file?

Thanks,

Chao

0 Kudos
eugene_benilov
Beginner

> Have you included "mkl_lapack.f90" into your file?

No, but I don't think I needed to, as all LAPACK routines are included in the standard libraries, mkl_c.lib and libguide.lib. I've checked this by using one of the routines directly, i.e. by-passing the Fortran 95 interface, and it worked like a charm... not to mention that the actual error was, like "can't open mkl95_lapack module", which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the mkl_lapack.f90 file (which I was unable to find anyway).

But thanks anyway -- I appreciate your help.

P.S. I am thinking now about not using the MKL interfaces at all, just write my own instead. Shouldn't be too hard, should it?

0 Kudos
Dmitry_B_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I am not sure where in VS this should be set, but the place shall be somewhere.Intel Fortran has option "/module:path" to specify the location to look for mod files. Probably this is good idea to put modules (the mod files) into lib, but I would not bet ifort will look inside libraries for mod files. I hope this noticeis not a bad hint.

Dima

0 Kudos
eugene_benilov
Beginner

Yes, thanks, Dima -- I've figured that out too (although haven't check).

It appears that the directory where the .mod files are stored needs to be listed as one of the Includes in the Visual Studio options. It's a shame I can't verify this though, as I've already uninstalled the MKL :-)-- decided to do the interfacing myself.

Thanks (???????:-),

Eugene.

0 Kudos