Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Cannot find options

hemocue
Beginner
Hi,
I am pretty new to the MKL and linux, so I spent 3 days to fix this, but I couldn't.
So I installed MKL on my Ubuntu and did export LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
But everytime I try this:
icpc jfem2d.o ../jscience/jmaterials.o ../jscience/jconsts.o ../jscience/jmath_mesh.o ../jscience/jmath_matrix.o ../jscience/jmath_vector.o -o jfem2d -L -lmkl_solver_lp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -lmkl_intel_lp64 -lmkl_core -lguide -lpthread
I get:
ld: cannot find -lmkl_intel_lp64
ld: cannot find -lguide
I did search on this forum and google, but came up with nothing, so if you can help me here, I would greatly appreciate.
Thank you.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
1. What is the value of the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH when you export it? Does the value include the directory where the missing libraries are to be found?

2. The -L option to ld should be followed by the name of a directory to search. You gave nothing.

3. Only older versions of the Intel compiler used -lguide. Are you sure you need it?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
1. What is the value of the variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH when you export it? Does the value include the directory where the missing libraries are to be found?

2. The -L option to ld should be followed by the name of a directory to search. You gave nothing.

3. Only older versions of the Intel compiler used -lguide. Are you sure you need it?
0 Kudos
hemocue
Beginner
Thanks mecej4.
I gave the correct directory after the -L option getting rid of the -lguide option, and the problem is gone.
I really appreciate your help.
0 Kudos