Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Cannot install mkl9.0

jglee
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to install mkl 9.0 on redhat5.1, an error as follows occurs.

This product already has been installed.
You should uninstall it before if you'd like to make reinstallation.
Installation failed. Please see /var/log/mkl_install.log for details.
Press Enter to continue.

However, I have uninstalled the older mkl version. How should I do?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Jg_lee,
Let me clarify the problem you encountered: which mkl's version has beenuninstalled before?
Do you mean 8.1, 8.0?
--Gennady

0 Kudos
jglee
Beginner

The older version I used is mkl7.01, I have uninstalled it in a wrong way by simply "rm -rf mkl7.01", how could I do to install the new version of mkl? The follow is themkl_install.log:

Fri 04 16:34:26 shell.c:28 runShellCmd():Command to execute: 'which rpm &>/dev/null'
Fri 04 16:34:26 shell.c:112 runShellCmd():waitpid() status for the executed command: 0
Fri 04 16:34:26 shell.c:28 runShellCmd():Command to execute: ' INSTALLEDRPM=''; for NAME in intel-mkl intel-cluster_mkl intel-mkl_sdk intel-mkl_sdk_p intel-mkl_sdk_e; do QUERY=$(rpm -q $NAME 2>/dev/null); rc=$?; if [ "x$QUERY" != "x" ] && [ $rc == 0 ]; then INSTALLEDRPM="$INSTALLEDRPM $QUERY"; fi; done; if [ "x$(echo $INSTALLEDRPM | grep intel)" != "x" ] ; then echo "The following versions of Intel Math Kernel Library and related products are installed."; rpm -q $INSTALLEDRPM --qf " - %{summary}\n"; fi'
Fri 04 16:34:27 shell.c:112 runShellCmd():waitpid() status for the executed command: 0
Fri 04 16:34:33 shell.c:28 runShellCmd():Command to execute: 'which rpm &>/dev/null'
Fri 04 16:34:33 shell.c:112 runShellCmd():waitpid() status for the executed command: 0
Fri 04 16:34:33 shell.c:28 runShellCmd():Command to execute: 'rpm -q intel-mkl-9.0p-18 &>/dev/null'
Fri 04 16:34:33 shell.c:112 runShellCmd():waitpid() status for the executed command: 0
Fri 04 16:34:33 install.c:78 fatal_exit():failed to install the product

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You may want to check for rpmdb entries by e.g.
rpm -qa|grep mkl
and clean out undesired entries by
su
rpm -e
If you had looked for uninstall scripts in the installation before deleting them, you could have accomplished it without so much brute force.
0 Kudos
jglee
Beginner
Many thanks! I have solved the problem.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
For whom who are interested: here you can find article about some common problems and methods for installing.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
for those who may be similar problems - please see therecommendationfrom MKL's install engineer:

It looks the installer detects the some of the MKL versions already installed.

Please do following steps:

1) Validate the MKL bits installed on your machine (including the fake DB entries that are exist after manual uninstallation):

#> rpm qa | grep intel | grep mkl

2) Please make a decision, what versions do you need to keep;

a. You probably need to overview installed libraries. In order to find install location please use:

#> rpm ql

3) Please remove all unnecessary or empty names:

#> rpm e --nodeps --allmatches

4) Please restart the installation.

Please return to us with output of these steps if something will still be wrong, we will think about the workaround.

0 Kudos