Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Cannot open file 'mkl_cdft_core_dll.lib'

OP1
New Contributor II

I am trying to build the simple MPI example program ('test.f90') provided with Intel 16 Update 2 on a Win64 workstation. I obtained the error message above, and I haven't been able to locate that library. Am I missing a step here?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Evarist_F_Intel
Employee

Hi OP,

Just a quick silly question -- did you install cluster components?
Could you please check that the following libraries exist on your system in %MKLROOT%\lib\intel64:
mkl_cdft_core{,_dll}.lib, mkl_scalapack{,_dll}.lib, mkl_blacs*.lib?

0 Kudos
OP1
New Contributor II

Thanks Evarist for your answer. No, I do not see these files. I do have a license for "Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 1 Cluster Edition for Windows" - so it seems that the cluster components are optional during the installation?

0 Kudos
OP1
New Contributor II

Hmmm. In the install window, where one can select the components to be installed, I see that "Cluster support for Intel 64" is grayed out. Does that mean that it is not possible to install them on a single workstation (to do developmnent, testing etc.) and that this can only be installed on a cluster ???

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

No, it should be possible to install on a stand-alone node.  Check at https://registrationcenter.intel.com to see if your cluster license is registered and whether the full download including cluster support is available.  If you need help with the license, see

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-software-development-products-download-registration-licensing

0 Kudos
OP1
New Contributor II

I just checked - my license is up to date. I installed Update 2 a few weeks ago when it became available. This is strange. I am also unable to install the Intel Trace Analyzer and Collector 0.1 Update 2 for Windows: the "Update" button in the Intel Software Manager launches the setup window; but then the list of components to be installed is blank. Could this be related as well?

0 Kudos
OP1
New Contributor II

The problem is solved - I had to reinstall the Intel tools.
Thanks for everybody's help and feedback.

0 Kudos
prabha_d_
Beginner

I have licence for intel studio XE composer edition for windows , When I am running my fortran code in this intel fortran compiler in visual studio 2017 platform. Getting the following error :fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file \'mkl_cdft_core_dll.lib\' LINK​.

please help me out of this.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Prabha

0 Kudos