Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Code boxes in documentation are not displayed properly

Vishnu
Novice

The attached screenshot shows the problem. The code boxes do not display the code.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Do you see the problem with some specific routine description or everywhere?

0 Kudos
Vishnu
Novice

Everywhere. All code boxes are stretched-out much more that required.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

hmm, I don't see the problem on my end: win10, Chrome (Version 84.0.4147.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)).

0 Kudos
Vishnu
Novice

I am pretty sure this is an issue with the HTML in the website, because I reported it to webcompat, and they tested it with a few other browsers and found the same issue. Take a look:

https://github.com/webcompat/web-bugs/issues/56159 

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Gennady, I see the problem that Vishnu reported with all the browsers that I have: Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Opera. Please open the link

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/mkl-developer-reference-c/top/blas-and-sparse-blas-routines/blas-routines/blas-level-3-routines/cblas-symm.html#cblas-symm

and scroll down to the code box after "Description". You will see the code box almost empty, with only a few characters near the left edge of the box.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

thanks, mecej4! That's strange, it works on my side, but I asked my team to check the issue and they confirmed the same issue as you and Vishnu reported. We will ask our technical writers to check the problem on their side. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

here is what I hear from our IT persons: they are aware of this issue and they recommend "If users are still experiencing the issue, please ask them to clear cache and verify the issue is persistent. "

0 Kudos
Vishnu
Novice

I tried that. It does not seem to change anything, and the issue does persist.

Also, folks who've never opened this website before have reported this issue, so it is unlikely that is the cause.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I always clear cache after logging into the Intel site, and that does not resolve the issue. The problem regarding the MKL documentation is still very much present.

0 Kudos
Ruqiu_C_Intel

It's work well in Chrome and IE on Windows 10

0 Kudos
Vishnu
Novice

Maybe try clearing your cache?

But either way, lots of people have independently verified that this problem exists, so I hope that is not still in question. It would be really nice if the folks in-charge of maintaining the documentation website could look into why this is happening.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

@Ruqiu_C_Intel :

May be for you, but for many of us, including me (I just checked after clearing cache and refreshing page on Chrome, Edge and Opera), it is still a major problem.

0 Kudos
Khang_N_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
Vishnu
Novice

The issue seems to be fixed now, with all code-boxes displaying properly for me. @mecej4 Can you check if it is okay for you too? If so, then there was something fixed by the folks maintaining the website.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Yes, the problems have gone away and we appear to be back to normal again.

Thanks to the people who got the problem taken care of.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

This issue has been resolved and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The problem is back again today (30 August 2020). See, for example, https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/mkl-developer-reference-fortran/top/blas-and-sparse-blas-routines/sparse-blas-level-2-and-level-3-routines/routines-and-supported-operations.html

and look at the text in the box after "computing the vector product between a sparse matrix and a dense vector".

The problem can be seen in Chrome and Edge on Windows.

0 Kudos