Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Compatibility with visual studio 2015

Yankai_Z_
Beginner

Any plan to release a version that compatible with visual studio 2015 compiler?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

do you mean integration to this version of MS Studio or compile the sources by cl v ( from 2015) and link with mkl?

0 Kudos
Yankai_Z_
Beginner

We're trying to upgrade our dev environment to visual studio 2015.

We're doing static link of the MKL library. And in visual studio 2015 it doesn't compile.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

If you are using the MKL 11.2 update 3 and can submit a reproducer of your problem, maybe someone will work on it.

I have a case which ran with my original VS2015 installation but failed later on, so it might be important to provide specific minor version information.  I've tried VS repair but it made no difference. 

My diagnosis of my case:  a header comes in via INCLUDE path from the Intel installation which refers to headers which were present in VS2012 and VS2013 but not my current VS2015.  A work-around is to copy over those headers from the older VS.

With this fix, the VS2015 compiler is doing a better job with AVX2 than the older ones.

Did Microsoft document that VS2015 no longer supplies all the C89 standard headers?  If not, this looks like a Microsoft bug (change between 2015RC and RTM?)

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

officially we started to support VS2015 since the MKL v.11.3 which we are planning to release very soon in a few weeks.  

0 Kudos
Jennifer_R_1
Beginner

Is there any update on VS 2015 compatibility? I don't see it reflected in the documentation for 11.3. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

MKL 11.3 is compatible with VS2015. There is the misprint in Release Notes/System Requirements. We will fix that. Thanks for the tips.

0 Kudos