Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Compilation of Pardiso solver fails

Dan78
Novice

Hi all,

I have built C examples that are shipped with MKL OneAPI and it works very well. I executes the example for Pardiso solver that it executed without problem while the residual is very low. The problem is that when in my code I call Pardiso solver, there is no complain but the solution is clearly invalid. I even tried the matrix that is used in the examples and my code fails with very high residual. The settings in iparam for the solver in my case is exactly same as the example.

To find out what the problem can be, I tried to compile the example code myself without using the cmake that is included in OneAPI MKL. I tried to compile the example file like this:

$ icx pardiso_unsym_complex.c -lmkl_core -lmkl_intel_ilp64 -lmkl_intel_thread -liomp5

Using above command, code is compiled and built, but when I execute it, I always get error in symbolic factorization. Again, the example works fine when I execute cmake in the examples/c directory.

Does anyone know if I am missing something? I think the way I compile my own code is somehow wrong so I get very high residuals in the solution. Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The command line that you showed specified the ILP64 library, but did not specify -DMKL_ILP64. Do you really need to use the ILP64 model?

When you have doubts of this nature, the MKL Link Advisor is helpful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The command line that you showed specified the ILP64 library, but did not specify -DMKL_ILP64. Do you really need to use the ILP64 model?

When you have doubts of this nature, the MKL Link Advisor is helpful.

JilaniS_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for posting in Intel Communities.

A gentle reminder:

We have not heard back from you. Could you please provide us with an update? Has the information provided successfully resolved your issue?

Regards,

Jilani

0 Kudos
Dan78
Novice

Hi Jilani,

Sorry for the late replay. The answer from @mecej4 solved my problem.

Regards,

Dan

0 Kudos
JilaniS_Intel
Employee

Hi,

It’s great to know that the issue has been resolved, in case you run into any other issues please feel free to create a new thread.

Have a Good Day!

Regards,

Jilani

0 Kudos