Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6951 Discussions

Compiling SuiteSparse (UMFPACK) with Intel MKL BLAS/LAPACK (Linux)

Misery_S_
Beginner

Hello,

I am trying to compile the newest version of SuiteSparse linked with the newest Intel MKL. However I get unresolved external errors pointing to BLAS functions (all BLAS functions required by SS). How should I modify make file  SuiteSparse_config/SuiteSparse_config.mk to use Intel libs? I have tried (in my knowing) everything and still there problem occurs, and I am unable to investigate it.This is where I am stuck at:

BLAS = -L/opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64 -lmkl_core -lmkl_intel_lp64 -static -lmkl_blas95_lp64
    LAPACK = -L/opt/intel/mkl/lib/intel64 -lmkl_core -lmkl_intel_lp64 -static -lmkl_lapack95_lp64

However still it brings me no closer to the solution. Somehow I feel that the problem might be in using static libs. How do I link them correctly?

Without BLAS library compiles just fine.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions.

Regards,

Misery

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

For MKL static link, if you wish to enumerate the libraries, you should refer to the MKL link advisor which should be available thorugh a reference in your docs directory as well as online.  Among other things, you would need to add a reference to mkl thread  or sequential library.

If you still have problems after checking docs, you will need to show specific error messages here.

0 Kudos