Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
7069 Discussions

Could I use scalapack with LAM for distributed computations?

phpdeveloper
Beginner
Is there support of MPI in MKL?
IhaveLAM installed and I want to use MKL with it, is it possible?
thanks

Message Edited by phpdeveloper@mail.ru on 02-01-2004 04:46 AM

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
Version 7.0 of MKL will contain ScaLAPACK and is the first version which will have support for distributed computing. Communications for the ScaLAPACK routines are taken care of by the BLACS
0 Kudos
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
Version 7.0 of Intel MKL will contain ScaLAPACK and is the first version which will have support for distributed computing. Communications for the ScaLAPACK routines are taken care of by the Basic Linear Alagebra Communication Subprograms (BLACS) which have been implemented using MPI in MKL 7.0. The MKL 7.0 beta is currently publically available. It has at this point been tested with MPICH 1.2.5, but not yet with LAM.
Has anyone else on this forum used the 7.0 beta yet? Has anyone tried using ScaLAPACK with LAM/MPI?
To enroll follow the 'Enroll Now' link at http://www.intel.com/software/products/mkl/beta/
Todd
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The beta license arrived quickly. I see that the actual file was posted on premier downloadslast week, over 3 weeks after the last notice came to start looking for it. It still has no read permission set.
0 Kudos
Todd_R_Intel
Employee
The posting last week was done to correct a problem with the file. The file had been available for multiple weeks before that.
Todd
0 Kudos