Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Difference: Intel Fortran V.11 versus Intel Fortran XE. Error #8284

steingre
Beginner
Hi,
I am using theNLPQLY andNLPQLP from herehttp://www.ai7.uni-bayreuth.de/nlpqly.htm.

When I am running the program on my MAC Intel Fortran V.11. everything is fine, no problem.

However, when I am running the program on Windows Intel Fortran XE I get the following error message:

Error 1 error #8284: If the actual argument is scalar, the dummy argument shall be scalar unless the actual argument is of type character or is an element of an array that is not assumed shape, pointer, or polymorphic.
Is there anything I missed in my compiler configuration, did the compiler change or do you know of any other potential problem?
I have no clue...
Best,
steingre
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
The new compiler does a better job of checking for consistency of arguments, if you specify the /warn option.

In the case of NLPQL and its variants, the function value F is sometimes a scalar, sometimes an array of size 1. Strictly speaking, this is an error, but one that has no adverse effect with most compilers.

Either do not use the /warn option when you compile, or change F to F(1) in the declarations and expressions that contain the variable F.
0 Kudos
steingre
Beginner
Thank you very much! It works now!
Best,
Steingre
0 Kudos