Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Distribution of DLLs and Libs

basel
Beginner
Hello,

We have developed a multilevel iterative solver that we would like to distribute as a DLL and LIB on Windows to students at our university and also to project partners.

The iterative solver needs optimized BLAS and LAPACK kernels and we recently purchased a Intel professional compiler suite that includes the MKL.

I have compiled the solver using icl and ifort under MINGW32 and all our objects are in the libiterative.a file. The next step is to generate the DLL and the LIB with

xilink -DLL /OUT:libiterative_MKL_MINGW32_P.dll libiterative.a /DEF:iterative.def ../../UserEnv.Lib ../../AdvAPI32.Lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib

The def file iterative.def only includes the following symbol iterative_solver

EXPORTS
ITERATIVE_SOLVER

My question is whether the Intel licensing conditions allows me to redistribute our libiterative_MKL_MINGW32_P.dll and the libiterative_MKL_MINGW32_P.lib to our project partners? We need the MKL library on Windows and as far as I understand, we have included the MKL in our DLL, but only our symbol iterative_solver can be used by the project partners.

Thanks,
Olaf

0 Kudos
2 Replies
crispybits
Beginner
Sounds like you can according to the EULA:

"...Intel grants to you a non-exclusive, non-assignable copyright license to distribute ...If such application is a software development library, then attribution, as specified in the product release notes of the corresponding Materials, shall be displayed prominently in that applications product documentation and on the applications product web site."

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - basel
Hello,

We have developed a multilevel iterative solver that we would like to distribute as a DLL and LIB on Windows to students at our university and also to project partners.

The iterative solver needs optimized BLAS and LAPACK kernels and we recently purchased a Intel professional compiler suite that includes the MKL.

I have compiled the solver using icl and ifort under MINGW32 and all our objects are in the libiterative.a file. The next step is to generate the DLL and the LIB with

xilink -DLL /OUT:libiterative_MKL_MINGW32_P.dll libiterative.a /DEF:iterative.def ../../UserEnv.Lib ../../AdvAPI32.Lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libiomp5md.lib

The def file iterative.def only includes the following symbol iterative_solver

EXPORTS
ITERATIVE_SOLVER

My question is whether the Intel licensing conditions allows me to redistribute our libiterative_MKL_MINGW32_P.dll and the libiterative_MKL_MINGW32_P.lib to our project partners? We need the MKL library on Windows and as far as I understand, we have included the MKL in our DLL, but only our symbol iterative_solver can be used by the project partners.

Thanks,
Olaf

as an additional info - the file MKLROOTdocredist.txt contains the List of Re-distributable files for the Intel MKL. --Gennady

0 Kudos