Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6993 Discussions

Does MKL affect the intrinsic operations?

Hongwei_Zhou
Beginner
HI

I got very strange behavior of MKL. With MKL linked in my program, in the debug module I monitored the result for
one line of pure fortran code becomes NaN. Linked to source code of blas instead of MKL, the result of that line of fortran code is normal.

I am wondering how MKL infulence the behavior of the program even on the intrinsic operation like mulitplicaiton.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hongwei_Zhou
Beginner
Quoting - optistruct
HI

I got very strange behavior of MKL. With MKL linked in my program, in the debug module I monitored the result for
one line of pure fortran code becomes NaN. Linked to source code of blas instead of MKL, the result of that line of fortran code is normal.

I am wondering how MKL infulence the behavior of the program even on the intrinsic operation like mulitplicaiton.

Thanks.

This behavior only happens on 32 bit RH Linux machine.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
One possibility is that passing bad data to an MKL function could cause it to exceed array bounds and write garbage where you didn't expect it. Setting debug mode in your program doesn't set it in MKL.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - tim18
One possibility is that passing bad data to an MKL function could cause it to exceed array bounds and write garbage where you didn't expect it. Setting debug mode in your program doesn't set it in MKL.

Optistruct, probably tim is right, but for investigation the problem - can you get us the test case?

0 Kudos