Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Download Legacy MKL Version

nhhai
Beginner

Hi Intel,

We've just resumed our development on a very old project. It depends on an old version MKL (MKL version 7.2). I wonder if there is a way to download this version somewhere?

I also have what seems to be the installer of MKL 8 (the filename is w_mkl_p_8.0.017.exe), but it requires a license, all the tutorials I found on how to download or obtain the license for these versions are all deprecated and didn't work anymore. I wonder if it's possible for me to download or obtain the license for MKL 7.2 or MKL 8.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

I think it is not possible to take these 10 years old versions, though You may try to submit the official requests to the Intel Online Service Center.

As MKL support the backward compatibility - you may try to take the latest one, and try to relink your old project. The linking line could be different but it could be easy to fix. 

0 Kudos
nhhai
Beginner

Hi Gennady,

Thank you for your quick reply. I tried to use the latest MKL community version. I noticed that my old project depends on these libs:

• mkl_ia32.lib
  • mkl_c_dll.lib
  • mkl_lapack.lib
  • libguide.lib

I looked into the IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries_2020.3.279\windows\mkl\lib\ia32_win folder and it looks like such files are not there anymore. I tried to google and there are a few posts out there but the attached links to the solution is not available anymore.

Could you tell me how to link the libs again, or point me to a working tutorial link?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Could you please check the list of libraries you need to link by using MKL Linker Adviser ( https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor.html) or you may find out many linking examples in MKL Developer Guide ( https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/mkl-linux-developer-guide/top.html)