Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Dummy Libraries Suddenly are Desired

Justin_K_1
Beginner

All,

Earlier today, I went and recompiled some code after something was accidentally deleted. Much to my surprise, the following errors occured:

icpc: error #10236 File not found:   '/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.164/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.a'

icpc: error #10236 File not found:   '/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.164/mkl/lib/em64t/libmkl_em64t.a'

icpc: error #10236 File not found:   '/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.164/mkl/lib/em64t/libguide.a'

Now I now what you're all thinking. "Gee, check out all the documentation from before that says those are dummy libraries that were dropped in 2010...". Here's the strange thing. I've never had em64t in my path at all. My path is mkl/lib/intel64, and this code has worked perfectly for some time with the current compilers. So I'm very confused. At first I thought 'I'll just link em64t to intel64', but I would need to still create those dummy libraries. I've attempted to look into this...but I'll be honest, I'm not too familiar with how to create my own links (yes I read the documentation and exactly what MKLINCLUDE or MKLPATH are meant to be are never really called out). Has anyone gone through the trouble to create these dummy libraries themselves? If so, what is the exact syntax that should be used? I think I can figure it out. MKL Path in my case would be /opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.164/mkl/lib/...but I'm not sure what MKLINCLUDE would be. Lastly, if I know what MKLINCLUDE was I think I could create libmkl_em64t, but I can't figure out how to do the others. I looked here to see layers for libmkl_em64t.

0 Kudos
0 Replies