Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Error trying to run compiled Fortran code

fixitben
Beginner

HI

I am running on fortran on a Linux box. When I compile it seems to compile fine. Using this command.

ifort -mkl -o sesame1 *.f90

Then I try and run sesame1 using ./sesame1. I get the error below.

./sesame1: error while loading shared libraries: libmkl_intel_lp64.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I am not sure why. I have manually exported the library to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/ia64/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I have ran the command compilervars.sh. Still the same. I am not sure why it won't see the library.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The command

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/intel/composerxe/mkl/lib/ia64/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

is incorrect unless you really have a Linux box with an Itanium CPU. Check the directory where the shared libraries are actually installed. The path will probably contain intel64, not ia64.

0 Kudos
fixitben
Beginner

Thanks for your help. Soon after I posted this I realized my error. I am still not sure why the compilervars.sh​ and mklvar.sh doesn't load this path. Either way It works now. Thanks

0 Kudos
Ying_H_Intel
Employee

Hello, 

Right, you may set it manually, or run the script  with the CPU type option 

>source mklvars.sh [intel64|ia32]

as MKL user guide https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/528500 mentioned: 

It can set the INCLUDE, MKLROOT, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, MIC_LD_LIBRARY_PATH, MANPATH, LIBRARY_PATH, CPATH, and NLSPATH environment variables in the command shell using one of the script files in the bin subdirectory of the Intel MKL installation directory. The environment variable MIC_LD_LIBRARY_PATH specifies locations of shared objects for Intel® Many Integrated Core (Intel® MIC) Architecture

Best Regards,

Ying 

0 Kudos