Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

Error using oneMKL mkl_sparse_d_mv function

zhang__boyuan
New Contributor I

Hi,

I'm trying to use the fgmres algorithm to solver sparse linear equations. I modified the example code in fgmres_no_precon.c a little bit to accomodate the input data in my project. Everything is fine until it comes to the mkl_sparse_d_mv function in the following command:

mkl_sparse_d_mv(transA, 1.0, csrA, descrA, expected_solution, 0.0, rhs);

The error message I got is:

Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFF0A084ED9 (KernelBase.dll) in Aphi_MatrixEq_IterativeSolver.exe: 0xC06D007E: Module not found (parameters: 0x000000570B263510).

I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2019 as compiler, and then install Intel oneAPI and linked the MKL to VS automatically. Besides Intel MKL, I included EIGEN library in my project as well.

I don't have a strong computer science background. Does this error message mean the KernelBase.dll file has been corrupted in my Windows 10? I took a look at the KernelBase.dll file in my system and it looks it was updated at July 14th, 2021. I updated my Windows 10 around that time.

Any advice on how I should fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Boyuan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
zhang__boyuan
New Contributor I

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for asking. Yes I think I solved it, and I made a stupid mistake which caused this problem. I changed the Intel oneAPI setting from Parallel to Sequential, and the fgmres example works well now.

I would like to thank everyone who replied here and tried to offer help.

Best regards,

Boyuan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

We should go poking into the guts of system DLLs only as a last resort.

You stated that your code is a modification of an MKL example code. Post the modified code as an attachment or a link to a cloud service where you have placed the file(s). If the program reads data from a file or the console, please provide the data.

0 Kudos
zhang__boyuan
New Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to compile and run the original example fgmres_no_precon.c by copying the code into a new project. The same error was reported when the 

mkl_sparse_d_mv(transA, 1.0, csrA, descrA, expected_solution, 0.0, rhs);

sentence was excuted. 

I'm attaching a screenshot about the error message and a 'No Symbol Loaded' page.

Thanks again,

Boyuan

0 Kudos
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Boyuan,

Please have a look at a similar question asked a year ago at Microsoft support service:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/617a5e4d-53f7-4c35-9d05-c5fb12162676/exception-thrown-at-0x75e14192-kernelbasedll-module-not-found?forum=visualstudiogeneral

One of the last replies there suggests that the issue is that Visual Studio cannot find DLLs (of MKL). So, please check the folders where you have MKL, that DLLs are there and check where the VS is trying to look for DLLs. If copying all DLLs of MKL into your project directory helps, then it is definitely an issue with the search paths for DLLs.

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Can you please update whether your issue has been resolved or not?

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
zhang__boyuan
New Contributor I

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for asking. Yes I think I solved it, and I made a stupid mistake which caused this problem. I changed the Intel oneAPI setting from Parallel to Sequential, and the fgmres example works well now.

I would like to thank everyone who replied here and tried to offer help.

Best regards,

Boyuan

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Since your issue has been resolved can we close this thread?

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos
zhang__boyuan
New Contributor I

Sure, thanks again for the kind help!

Regards,

Boyuan

0 Kudos
MRajesh_intel

Hi,

Thanks for the confirmation. If you need any additional information, please submit a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored.

Regards

Rajesh.

0 Kudos