Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

FEAST 3.0 and MKL

Vladimir_I_1
Beginner

Good day!

The new FEAST solver 3.0 has been recently released. The MKL 11.3 includes the previous FEAST 2.1 version. Do you plan to include the FEAST 3.0 in the forthcoming MKL releases? When could we expect it?

Probably there is an alternative solution for this problem. Is it possible to use both MKL 11.3 and FEAST 3.0 within the same solution? Recently I tried it, but obviously the linking stage failed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Vladimir, which new features from FEAST 3.0 are you interesting in? 

0 Kudos
Vladimir_I_1
Beginner

I'm sorry for being late with my reply. Anyway, I think it is useful topic to discuss.

Among FEAST 3.0 features the most useful for me is support for non-Hermitian problems. I deal with rotor dynamics, and in this topic it is common to analyze non-Hermitian systems. Moreover, in most cases they are highly sparsed (band like matrices mainly). Currently, the only MKL solver that is capable to handle generalized non-Hermitian problems is GGEV. But it is a dense solver and this significantly limits my computational facilities.

0 Kudos
Junpeng_Lu
Beginner

Hi, Gennady!

I have a similar problem with Vladimir. I firstly used FEAST 3.0 in my application, which needed BLAS and LAPACK library. Now i want to use the optimized BLAS and LAPACK library in MKL to gain more efficiency. When i link my source code with FEAST 3.0 library and MKL to produce executable file , some errors occurred, saying some FEAST functions are defined in both library.

I think the reason is because MKL include FEAST 2.1 library. Is there any way that i can use the BLAS and LAPACK library only in MKL?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Hi Jingpeng!  

>> … some errors occurred, saying some FEAST functions are defined in both library.Could you give more details about this error? 

>> … . Is there any way that i can use the BLAS and LAPACK library only in MKL? Yes, you may create the custom dll and link with this dll explicitly. Pls see here how to use this dll.

with regards

0 Kudos