Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
7024 Discussions

GCC thread sanitizer and MKL with Intel OpenMP

paul_f
New Contributor I

Is thread sanitizer supposed to work with Intel OpenMP?

I get thousands of errors. Possibly genuine errors as our code is old and has just about never been tested for thread hazards. We're using GCC 5.3 and GCC 13.2.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Paul,

I don't think you submitted this question to the right forum. We didn't check how gcc sanitizer will work with OpenMP based code. 

I thinks, You could ask this question to Intel C/C++ Software Forum follow the link: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-DPC-C-Compiler/bd-p/oneapi-data-parallel-c

You could also take a look at this Knowledge Base Article shows how to use find bugs quickly using sanitizer with oneAPI DPC++/C++ Compiler.

--Gennady

0 Kudos
paul_f
New Contributor I

I'll ask in the C/C++ forum but I think this is much more of an OpenMP question.

As I see it there are two parts to this. OpenMP needs to use thread primitives that Thread Sanitizer understands. Then Thread Sanitizer needs to wrap the threading functions. I'm not sure how that works but my expectation is that it needs an instrumented build of OpenMP.

Porting to use the Intel compilers would be a major task.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

the problem might be that sanitizer you use is not updated accordingly the latest OpenMP features. Intel C/C++ compiler ( the link to the article i shared into the previous reply ) aligns with the latest features. 

The only thing we could recommend you - to try this option. 

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

the thread is closing as it is not related to oneMKL.

0 Kudos