Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

IMSL

Adrian58
Beginner

Доброе время!

Меня интересует возможность использования библиотеки IMSL в OneApi_2021. Пока такой возможности нет..

С уважением, Александр Адрианов. 

-----------------------------

Good time!

I am interested in the possibility of using the IMSL library in OneApi_2021. There is no such possibility yet ..

Best regards, Alexander Adrianov.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Intel no longer sells IMSL. Please contact the IMSL division of Perforce/Roguewave or a reseller of IMSL .

I have used the old 7.0 version of IMSL with the new Ifort and Ifx compilers. There are some incompatibilities (e.g., intel_mkl_thread.dll, which the IMSL libraries require, is no longer supplied with oneAPI/MKL), but I have the old runtime from Intel Parallel Studio 2013 SP1, and setting %PATH% to include that allows 64-bit IMSL-dependent programs built using the Ifx or Ifort compilers to run.

Programs built for IA32 and dependent on IMSL work if compiled and linked using the Ifort compiler (but not Ifx) and the old DLLs from 2013 SP1 are accessible through %PATH%.

These workarounds are neither reasonable not feasible for new installations of IMSL. If you still have the old IMSL software and a current license to use, however, they can be useful. Many of the facilities that IMSL provided are now provided with MKL, so please reconsider whether you can do without IMSL.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Intel no longer sells IMSL. Please contact the IMSL division of Perforce/Roguewave or a reseller of IMSL .

I have used the old 7.0 version of IMSL with the new Ifort and Ifx compilers. There are some incompatibilities (e.g., intel_mkl_thread.dll, which the IMSL libraries require, is no longer supplied with oneAPI/MKL), but I have the old runtime from Intel Parallel Studio 2013 SP1, and setting %PATH% to include that allows 64-bit IMSL-dependent programs built using the Ifx or Ifort compilers to run.

Programs built for IA32 and dependent on IMSL work if compiled and linked using the Ifort compiler (but not Ifx) and the old DLLs from 2013 SP1 are accessible through %PATH%.

These workarounds are neither reasonable not feasible for new installations of IMSL. If you still have the old IMSL software and a current license to use, however, they can be useful. Many of the facilities that IMSL provided are now provided with MKL, so please reconsider whether you can do without IMSL.

0 Kudos
Adrian58
Beginner
0 Kudos
GouthamK_Intel

Hi, 

Thanks for the confirmation!

As this issue has been resolved, we will no longer respond to this thread. 

If you require any additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. 

Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

Have a Good day.

Thanks & Regards

Goutham

0 Kudos