Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Installation issues with Parallel Studio XE 2017

srinivasan__srihari

Hi All,

I couldn't find a proper forum to post issues during installation, so I am posting it here. I am trying to install Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 on OpenSUSE LEAP 42.1. The installation script gives a list of "Missing Optional Prerequisite" warning after checking the prerequisites, as listed below.

Missing optional prerequisites
-- Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Trace Analyzer and Collector 2017 for Linux* OS: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Cluster Checker 2017 for Linux* OS: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE 2017: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Inspector 2017: Unsupported OS
-- Intel(R) Advisor 2017: Unsupported OS
-- Driver build options are incomplete. Drivers cannot be built.

Details of the last in the above list are as follows

Either kernel source directory, C compiler, or Make command is not detected by
the installation. To build the sampling driver, set up parameters in Advanced
Options -> Driver Build Options dialog.
To install kernel headers, execute one of the following commands specific to
your operating system:
- Fedora / Red Hat Enterprise Linux
   - On a system with the default kernel, install the kernel-devel package:
     yum install kernel-devel
   - On a system with the PAE kernel, install the kernel-PAE package:
     yum install kernel-PAE-devel
- OpenSUSE / SUSE Linux Enterprise
     zypper install kernel-source
- Ubuntu / Debian
     apt-get install linux-headers-4.1.34-33-default

To ensure I have installed all 3 things it expects, kernel-source, C & C++ compiler & make, I have taken screenshots from terminal, shown here -  http://tinypic.com/r/2cembrd/9

I suspect only the last in the list above could be of concern since if I continue installation despite warning, it installs successfully but gives errors when compiling.

Initial compile-time error, occurs when compiling the first file of my code -

ifort: error #10001: could not find directory in which g++ resides

This issue is fixed by referring to https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-fortran-compiler-for-linux-ifort-error-could-not-find-directory-in-which-g-resides

After fixing that issue, the next compile time error occurs during linking the objects  -

ipo: error #11025: Linker command line is badly formed

ifort: error #10014: problem during multi-file optimization compilation (code 1)

I could not resolve these errors, & I suspect it has to do with the incomplete driver build option warning it gives during installation.

I would be grateful for any advice or help!

Thank you!

Hari

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Srihari,

This problem should be start-up issue, you could submit your issue to forum of Intel® Software Development Products Download, Registration & Licensing. For OpenSUSE/SUSE OS, Intel parallel studio 2017 could only support for 11.* & 12.*, I am afraid the leap 42.* is not supported by IPS. For more information about OS/system requirement, you could refer the release note of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017. Hope it would be useful to you, thank you.

Best regards,
Fiona

0 Kudos
srinivasan__srihari

Hi Fiona,

Thanks for the reply. I am afraid the unsupported OS is not an issue since we have two other machines in our network that is running OpenSUSE LEAP 42.1 & also has the Parallel Studio XE 2016. Everything works fine on those systems.. Infact everything has been fine even on my system for almost 6-8 months now until I had to re-install the OpenSUSE following a hard drive crash. I have reported the issues in more detail on this thread. Steve Lionel had a different advice. 

I have also posted snapshots of the system details on 2 machines where the Parallel Studio is working fine. During installation on those systems, there was no warning generated about 'build options' or not having found g++ (more on this in the thread above). 

and 

I have reported this issue on the appropriate forum as suggested. Not knowing where to post, I had posted this one 3 other forums - here in Intel® Fortran Compiler for Linux* and Mac OS X*, here in Intel® Math Kernel Library, & here in Intel® Software Development Products Download, Registration & Licensing.

So I'd be grateful if you could move the threads, if possible to one place, so it's not confusing.. 

Thank you! 

Hari

0 Kudos
srinivasan__srihari

Hi Fiona,

The forum of Intel® Software Development Products Download, Registration & Licensing is apparently not the place to post my issue, as per the latest comment on my post there. If you could please close this thread as well, it will only leave my earliest post on forum of Intel® Fortran Compiler for Linux* and Mac OS X*.

Thanks for your help.

Regards, Hari

0 Kudos