Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Intel MKL CSR format documentation

mostafanouh
Beginner

Hi,

In the latest documentation for CSR format here
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/mkl-developer-reference-c/top/appendix-a-linear-solvers-basics/sparse-matrix-storage-formats/sparse-blas-csr-matrix-storage-format.html

I found that definition for pointerE array

"pointerE
An integer array that contains row indices, such that pointerE-indexing is the index of the element
 in the values array that is last non-zero element in a row j of A."

I failed to apply this definition to the examples in the same link so I think this definition is wrong or I'm missing something trivial.

Can any one clarify that please.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MariaZh
Employee

Hi,
You're correct, there is a mistake in CSR format description. Thanks for catching the issue!
The pointerE should be something like "..., such that pointerE - 1 - indexing is the index of the element in the values array that is last non-zero element in a row j of A". 
You can also refer to BSR storage format description and example.

Best regards,
Maria

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MariaZh
Employee

Hi,
You're correct, there is a mistake in CSR format description. Thanks for catching the issue!
The pointerE should be something like "..., such that pointerE - 1 - indexing is the index of the element in the values array that is last non-zero element in a row j of A". 
You can also refer to BSR storage format description and example.

Best regards,
Maria

0 Kudos