Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load <mkl-loader>.

mwlai
Beginner

Hello

I upgraded Numpy (1.16.6) and Pandas(1.1.5).

When I run python with django + apache + mod_wsgi , it fails with error: Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load <mkl-loader>.

I've installed MKL( l_onemkl_p_2021.1.1.52_offline.sh ).

Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.4 (Maipo)

CPU:

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2660 v3 @ 2.60GHz

This is apache error log. 

mwlai_0-1609924904634.png

How can I fix this error? Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I suspect that this is related to an error in some Python component, rather than in MKL itself.

The text <mkl-loader> suggests that "mkl-loader" is just place-holder text -- that is what the surrounding angle-brackets usually signify. What is to be used as the substitution text?

Failing that, you may need to find the actual source line containing that text. If it is in an Intel-supplied file, you could provide the details here. Otherwise, the question may need to be asked in some Python support forum -- I do not know which.

0 Kudos
mwlai
Beginner

Thank you for your advice.

I did not find actual source line containing <mkl-loader>, and my python project log is empty.

It seems that python is loading some lib, but the error does not show which lib loaded fail, maybe it is numpy.

I rebuild numpy and scipy by intel document, as follow, but it not fix error.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/numpyscipy-with-intel-mkl.html

And attached file is what .bashrc set.

Is that CPU too old to use MKL?

Or is there wrong path in .bashrc?

0 Kudos
mwlai
Beginner

The Attached File as follow

mwlai_0-1610681685651.png

0 Kudos
AbhishekD_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are forwarding this issue to the concerned team.

Warm Regards,

Abhishek

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

>>Is that CPU too old to use MKL?

<< no, that's CPU type is pretty new and is supported by MKL, but

In general, I do believe you have to address this topic to Python Forum follow the link:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Distribution-for-Python/bd-p/distribution-python

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

the thread is closed and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only. 

0 Kudos