Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Intel MKL FFT project and wrapper issues

postaquestion
Novice

Hello!I used FFTW3.1.2 version fft calculation in my project,but it's speed didn't meet my request. So I decided use Intel MKL fft. Idid the following (reference to "FFTW to Intel Math Kernel Library Wrappers Technical User Notes for FFTW3.x "):

1. Used "nmake lib32" instruct in "interfaces" path,and got "fftw3xc_intel.lib"
2. Replaced the "libfftw3-3.lib" with "fftw3xc_intel.lib"
3. Replaced the "fftw3.h"
4. Added the "wrappers" used files into project

But it didn't work. How do Ideal with "fftw3xc_intel.lib" and "wrapper"? Also "libfftw3-3.lib","libfftw3-3.dll"? I think "wrappers"are most important. The note only said "The only change that is required is to modify the header file fftw3.h " and "the FFTW library can be substituted by the wrapper and Intel MKL libraries"

I don't know how to do thatand turn to you for help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
tadhgm
Beginner
Hello,

It sounds like you need to create the fftw3 wrappers. In the intefaces/fftw3x directory there is a make file to create the wrappers needed.
All you have to do is run

make lib32 F=arg

subsitute gnu for arg if you are using gcc and subsitute icc for arg if you are using the intel compiler. Once you have do that all you have to do is import the fftw3.h file.

Hope that helps,
Tadhg
0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hello!
thanks for your quick response and help.I used intel c++ compiler 9.1 version,and went to the path "D:Program

FilesIntelCMKL9.0interfacesfftw3xc" then run "make lib32 F=icc" it's gave error following: " 'make' isn't a inside

instruct or programme" .I also used cmd.exe compiler,it also didn't work. did I use the wrong compiler? I chose the Intel c++

compiler 9.1 build Enviorment for IA32 applications.in addition ,I used VC6.0 , only I have do is replace the fftw3.h?

appletreejx
2007-07-19

0 Kudos
tadhgm
Beginner
Ah, I see that you are using windows to compile the intel MKL, I myself have no experience using the windows Intel MKL, I take it that is what you are using?

If you are using the linux Intel MKL on a windows machine you will have to use something like mingw or cygwin to compile it on a windows box.

Hope that helps,
Tadhg
0 Kudos