Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Issue related to MKL Uninstallation

cbbasak
Beginner
I have downloaded latest version of MKL library on 23rd May 2011.
Installed it in Scientific Linux 6 (developed on Red Hat).
Later on I noticed that the installation directory (not the default directory) was not what I intended to install it.
So I decided to uninstall and then re-install.
After searching the entire installation directory (and sub-directories) I found only one uninstall.sh (in Activation Tool folder). Running it only uninstall the Activation Tool folder. There was NO other uninstall.sh script !!
I have then tried "Add-Remove Program" in SL6 and apparently it uninstalled all MKL files.
Then I tried to install MKL again... after 2-3 initial steps when it comes to provide the name of the installation directory I saw the default value contains the same old (and unwanted) installation directory path. It didn't allow to change the path... it states that "Installation have detected already one Intel product is there in the directory".
I checked entire web including Intel's which only says the following -

To uninstall Intel MKL run the uninstall script: /uninstall.sh.

If you installed in the default directory, use:
> /opt/intel/composerxe-2011.x.yyy/mkl/[ia32 | intel64t ]/uninstall.sh

As I have said before I could not found any uninstall.sh script in the above said locations.

Physical removal of /opt directory also didn't help.

Can anybody save me from reloading my OS again?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chao_Y_Intel

Hello,

If you list all of the RPM package, do you still see any MKL related products?

>rpm -qa | grep 'intel'

If so, please try to use RPM to uninstall these packages.

Also, if you want to install as specific folder, a simple workaround is just to copy to the target folder.

Thanks,
Chao

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Also, if you want to install as specific folder, a simple workaround is just to copy to the target folder.

For completeness, edit the mklvars files to match the new folder.
0 Kudos