Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

LAPACK function that allocates memory internally?

Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Hi,
I have wrapped the malloc functions from an external library in some shell functions and try to see if the
proper functions are getting called, when i_malloc and the rest function pointers point to them.
Can you please point out to a LAPACK function that allocates memory internally, so that I can check?
Thank you for your help,
Petros
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Lapack has a Fortran 77 heritage and, therefore, does no memory allocation. Lapack95 wraps Fortran 77 and provides for optional arguments and allocation of work arrays.

Lapack-e is designed to be called from C and is, perhaps, the library that you may consider to work with.
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Hi mecej4,
thank you very much for your response.
I thought so, but then saw in the documentation (user's guide) how to replace the allocation functions in mkl, this is why I am asking - I thought that maybe some distributing of lapack or blas routines, called for extra memory.
However, the essence of my question remains: what routine in mkl (then) allocates memory internally, by which I could test if my allocator functions substitution, works properly?
Thank you very much for your help,
Petros
0 Kudos