Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Locating Pardiso Example files

S__MPay
Beginner

As mentioned in MKL Pardiso manual there are example files located in "examples/solverf/source".

But for me I cannot locate those files. I would appreciate if you could tell me why they are missing?

I can only see these files:

djacobi_rci_f_f.htm
ex_nlsqp_bc_f_f.htm
ex_nlsqp_bc_f90_x_f90.htm
ex_nlsqp_f_f.htm
ex_nlsqp_f90_x_f90.htm
sjacobi_rci_f_f.htm

0 Kudos
1 Solution
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

On my Windows system, I see that %MKLROOT% terminates with "\mkl", so the directory in question is %MKLROOT\examples\solverf\source". Note that these example files are delivered in zip files in the examples directory, and the zip files need to be unpacked (with directory structure preserved) after installation of Parallel Studio, Composer or MKL distributions.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2

HI,

I think there is misunderstanding. Example of pardiso functionality places in general MKL directory in folder ${MKL_ROOT}/mkl/examples/solverf/source/. You mentioned examples that are published in manual directory 

Alex

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

and for C API -- ${MKL_ROOT}/mkl/examples/solvec/

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

On my Windows system, I see that %MKLROOT% terminates with "\mkl", so the directory in question is %MKLROOT\examples\solverf\source". Note that these example files are delivered in zip files in the examples directory, and the zip files need to be unpacked (with directory structure preserved) after installation of Parallel Studio, Composer or MKL distributions.

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

I have installed visual studio 2019 and intel composer XE 2020.  I cannot find the pardiso examples.  Please help.

I am also finding that a pardiso project of my own that runs well compiled with XE 2013 is failing with XE 2020.  I have no idea why it fails, so I want to see if the example project works.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

If you open the ...\compiler_and_libraries_2020.0.166\windows\mkl\examples directory, you will see three zip files. You need to unzip these files in order to obtain the individual example source files. After extraction, you will see a subdirectory called ...\solverf\source, within which you will see a number of Pardiso examples. Note that no Visual Studio project files are provided, since these examples all involve very short source files and can be compiled into EXEs using just ifort /Qmkl ... at the command line.

The examples work just fine, and I doubt that building and running them will help much with your Pardiso project problems. You will probably need to provide a bug reproducer for that.

0 Kudos
Brian_Murphy
New Contributor II

Thanks, mecej4.  That's where they were.  pardiso_sym_f90.f90 compiled and ran just like it should with XE 2020.  

0 Kudos