Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

MKL 2011.2 Where are libmkl , libmkl_lapack and ... located?

mamsadegh
Beginner
Hi,

I have an application which uses Intel MKL for math acceleration and I downloaded the latest MKL and tried to configure the application to use it.

As of the Makefile available in the application i see that it tryes to link again libmkl , libmkl_lapack and ....

Now looking in intel/mkl/lib/intel64 the set of libraries there have names completely different than what the Makefile requests

I feel the library names have completely changed in the new version of MKL
Am I correct?

so, what is the equivalent library name of : libmkl_lapack? I do not find any lapack in the libraries at all, only there is scalapack

what is the difference between libraries with _lp64.so and _ilp64.so extension?

Regards,
MohammadSadegh Sadri.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
The link advisor tool posted at the top of the forum is meant to help you.
Most of the major changes happened about 2 years ago; I guess you call that new.
The lapack functions are incorporated in the 3 core libraries.
lp64 means 32-bit integer function arguments, ilp64 means 64-bit integers.
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
>>I feel the library names have completely changed in the new version of MKL
Am I correct?
yes, that's correct. In Versions 10.* ( 0,1,2 and the latest 3) of Intel MKL we have re-architected Intel MKL and physically separated the interface, threading and computational components of the product.
It seems the makefile you use is related the previous version 9.1 or 9.0.
As Tim suggested, the fastest way is to use Linker Adviser to find the list of libraries need for linking with the latest version of MKL.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel
You may also refer an KB article we published earlier to help users to move to the new linking model easily, which is located here.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/performance-tools-for-software-developers-for-easily-migrating-from-mkl-9x-to-10x/

--Vipin
0 Kudos
VipinKumar_E_Intel

More details on lp64 and ilp64 are explained in

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/64-bit-int-support-on-win64-mkl/

though, it is a bit specific about the windows 64 bitness.

--Vipin

0 Kudos