I encountered an exception when running the MKL_DSS to solve a system of linear equations that behaves inconsistently. I haven't been able to find the culprit, but when the given subroutine is run multiple times, it runs successfully sometimes, but often an exception occurs (it's guaranteed if run 10 times, for example). For the sake of simplicity in the attachments, a subroutine with a simplified version of the code is presented. The exception thrown isn't always in the same place nor of the same type. Below are a few examples:
- Exception thrown at 0x00007FFF09A65837 (mkl_core.1.dll) in MKL_testing.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x000008E1A33AF6A1.
- MKL_testing.exe has triggered a breakpoint.
- Exception thrown at 0x00007FFFF3E95BB6 (ntdll.dll) in MKL_testing.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.
- Visual Studio 2019 16.11.4
- MKL provided in the Intel® oneAPI Base Toolkit 2021.4
- Intel® Fortran Compiler Classic 2021.4
VS MKL option:
- Parallel (/Qmkl:parallel)
Thank you for your time!