Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL Out of memory error management

conraux
Beginner

Hello,

I am using DSS interface of MKL PARDISO solver.

I cannot catch Out Of Memory errors neither with DSS_REORDER or with DSS_FACTOR_REAL.

MKL is writing the error message in console then program is halted.

Matrix factorization
MKL-DSS-DSS-Error, Out of memory
[crx@POLLUX ...d/SYSTUS]$

Here is my source code: IF tests are never executed.

No test of IER status can be done.

IER = DSS_REORDER(HANDLE(1),CXML_DSS_DEFAULTS,0)
IF (IER.NE.CXML_DSS_SUCCESS) GOTO 900

and

IER = DSS_FACTOR_REAL(HANDLE(1),CXML_DSS_INDEFINITE,A(KSYMPK))
IF (IER.EQ.CXML_DSS_OUT_OF_MEMORY) GOTO 901
IF (IER.EQ.CXML_DSS_ZERO_PIVOT) GOTO 902
IF (IER.NE.CXML_DSS_SUCCESS) GOTO 900

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bond078
Beginner
conraux,

While implementing the DSS solver, I received the same error, i.e., MKL-DSS-DSS-Error, Out of memory at the point when DSS_REORDER is called. I am not able to understand why I am receiving this error as I am running this solver on a machine with 10+ GB Ram and 50+ GB of hard drive free. I was wondering if you figured out the solution for this problem? Please let me know.
0 Kudos
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - bond078
conraux,

While implementing the DSS solver, I received the same error, i.e., MKL-DSS-DSS-Error, Out of memory at the point when DSS_REORDER is called. I am not able to understand why I am receiving this error as I am running this solver on a machine with 10+ GB Ram and 50+ GB of hard drive free. I was wondering if you figured out the solution for this problem? Please let me know.

Hi,

the original post seemed to have remaining options (calls) from CXML (Compaq Math Library) version. This is probably not your case, but anyway checking the flags is worth doing. Any more info on your settings/problem you're solving (it's hard to offer any advice with such limited information)?

A.
0 Kudos