Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL_SPARSE_SYRK

Frolo
New Contributor I

Hi all,

I got to know that the recent MKLs include MKL_SPARSE_SYRK which I have been looking for. I eagerly want to use it, but I have a hard time getting used to oneAPI. Anybody tell me where the illuminating example is? It would be greatly appreciated. 

Chung

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gennady_F_Intel

The thread is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

MKL_SPARSE_SYRK is part of MKL for many years. You are looking for dpp API of this routine? if yes, then MKL v.2021.3 doesn't support DPCPP API for this routine. 

0 Kudos
Frolo
New Contributor I

Thank you very much for your kind reply. 

0 Kudos
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hi Chung!

Adding to response by Gennady:

If you're looking for an example which demonstrates how to call "mkl_sparse_syrk" C/Fortran (not DPC++!) interface, we currently don't have any. But conceptually it is very much alike mkl_sparse_spmm functionality (sparse * sparse -> sparse), so I'd recommend looking at examples/c/sparse_blas/source/sparse_spmm_export_csr.c example.

What you need to do: create matrix handles for the input matrices, call mkl_sparse_syrk to compute the output matrix and then (optionally, if you need the raw pointers) export data from the output matrix handle using mkl_sparse_?_export_<format>.

Let us know if you have any issues with calling the functionality.

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
Frolo
New Contributor I

Hi Kirill. 

Thank you for your kind explanation.

I am looking for an example written in Fortran. I have been using "dsyrk" until recently when we needed some speedup in our code. I am familiar with MKL v.2015.3 which I have been using, so I am very glad to hear that mkl_sparse_syrk is supported by old-version MKLs.  Is mkl_sparse_syrk supported by MKL v.2015.3, too?

Also, I tried to look at the example you recommend, but I guess we didn't download Sparse Blas when we first installed MKL in 2015. I was wondering whether there is a download site providing all the previous versions of MKL. 

Thank you very much,

Chung

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Chung,

There are only 3 latest versions of Intel MKL available for download: v.2019, v 2020 and the latest 2021 correspondingly. Version 2015 is outdated and not supported nowadays.

thanks,

Gennady

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

The thread is closing and we will no longer respond to this thread. If you require additional assistance from Intel, please start a new thread. Any further interaction in this thread will be considered community only.

0 Kudos