Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL and Abaqus 6.10-2

bcartolo
Beginner
Hi
I am trying to use MKL in a user subroutine in Abaqus. I have an error and I do not know how to solve it.
There is nothing on the web about this.

I create an intel fortran command line project in Visual Studio, added the user subroutine and a driver ( a program that simulates abaqus, for testing). Then I go to the project properties, linker, libraries and choose mkl sequential or parallel (not sure what that means yet).

The driver works well.

Now I run abaqus with that subroutine and add the \\Qmkl:sequential to the abaqus environment file in the folder site.

This is the error I get:

MKL FATAL ERROR on load the function mkl_blas_xdswap

when I runcall abaqus -j Job -user UMAT

When I open the debugger with

abaqus -j Job -user UMAT -debug -standard

everything works fine until this line:

call dgetrf(n, n, invA, n, ipiv, info)

If I try to step into or step over the debugging stops.

This is the output:

'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\standard.exe''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\ntdll.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\kernel32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\KernelBase.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\winsxs\\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_08e61857a83bc251\\msvcr90.dll', Symbols loaded.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSTD_Core.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\SMAXsiPetsc.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASspAdmCore.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_AnalysisSupport.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAAspDiagExtractor.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMARfmInterface.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASimAPI.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASimPoolManager.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMABasCatia.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMABasShared.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMABasCoreUtils.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\psapi.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\External\\libifcoremd.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\External\\libmmd.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\msvcrt.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\imagehlp.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\advapi32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\sechost.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\rpcrt4.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\External\\ABQCRT.dll', Symbols loaded.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\user32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\gdi32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\lpk.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\usp10.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\winsxs\\amd64_microsoft.vc90.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_08e61857a83bc251\\msvcp90.dll', Symbols loaded.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMABasGenericsLib.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASimContainers.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMABasXmlDocument.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMABasXmlParser.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQUtiZlib.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAAbuGeom.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAAbuBasicUtils.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\ws2_32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\nsi.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\shell32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\shlwapi.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAAspCommunications.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAAbuLicense.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAMtxLinearAlgebra.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAFsmShared.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASrvBasic.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASimObjectsMod.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\mkl_sequential.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDMP_Core.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAXsiUtilsCore.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSLV_Core.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSHR_Core.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQShared_Analysis-D.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQShared_Analysis_SubComp.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_Core.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_GeometricAttributes.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_NonGeometricAttributes.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_CoreGeometry.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_Odb.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_ODB_API.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAAdb.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASspSubCore.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMADynModalComponent.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDDB_InpFlattener.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAI2sInpMod.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASspPmeCore.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMASspSolCore.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAMetCore.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQMpCCI_Adapter.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMACsmModule.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAMpfModules.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSMAMtkApiMod.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\External\\libmpcci-vc80-64.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQDirectCosim_Adapter.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQMAP_Core.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Users\\Fer\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\Fer_Job_4632\\standardU.dll', Symbols loaded.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\DDM.dll', Symbols loaded.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\048\\bin\\intel64\\libifcoremdd.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\048\\bin\\intel64\\libmmdd.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\winsxs\\amd64_microsoft.vc90.debugcrt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.30729.6161_none_e2a22cc340da0d62\\msvcr90d.dll', Symbols loaded.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\048\\mkl\\em64t\\bin\\mkl_intel_thread.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\048\\mkl\\em64t\\bin\\mkl_core.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\048\\bin\\intel64\\libiomp5md.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\standardB.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQEDI_Core-D.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSUP_Core.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\lbr\\ABQSmoothing_Code.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\comdlg32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\winsxs\\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7601.17514_none_a4d6a923711520a9\\comctl32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\netapi32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\netutils.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\srvcli.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\wkscli.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\imm32.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\msctf.dll'First-chance exception at 0x000007fefe05cacd in standard.exe: 0xA1A01DB1: 0xa1a01db1.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\IPHLPAPI.DLL''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\winnsi.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\dnsapi.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\dhcpcsvc6.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\dhcpcsvc.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\icmp.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\nlaapi.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\NapiNSP.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\pnrpnsp.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\mswsock.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\winrnr.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\sspicli.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\FWPUCLNT.DLL''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\rasadhlp.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\WSHTCPIP.DLL''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Windows\\System32\\cryptbase.dll'The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x83c) has exited with code 1 (0x1).'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\exec\\mkl_mc3.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\External\\libimalloc.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.'standard.exe': Unloaded 'C:\\SIMULIA\\Abaqus\\6.10-2\\External\\libimalloc.dll''standard.exe': Loaded 'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Intel\\Compiler\\11.1\\048\\mkl\\em64t\\bin\\1033\\mkl_msg.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x10c0) has exited with code 1 (0x1).The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x1240) has exited with code 1 (0x1).The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x127c) has exited with code 1 (0x1).The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0xa5c) has exited with code 1 (0x1).The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x12d0) has exited with code 1 (0x1).The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0xfe8) has exited with code 1 (0x1).The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0xac8) has exited with code 1 (0x1).The program '[804] standard.exe: Native' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Any idea?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
barragan_villanueva_
Valued Contributor I
Hi,

Message "MKL FATAL ERROR on load the function " means that this function was not found in MKL DLLs.

Please check that MKL environment was correctly setwhen linked with your application and for running it.
0 Kudos
bcartolo
Beginner
Thanks Victor, but how do I do that?
I used the switch in the linker, what else do I need?
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Your PATH environment variable at run time must include the folder where the MKL .dll is. This should happen if you run in the compiler command prompt window or have run compilervars.bat. I suppose it's possible to exceed a limit to how long your PATH setting could be before it stops working reliably.
0 Kudos
bcartolo
Beginner
I am already doing that, but thanks!
0 Kudos