Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL distribution problem

wilcox__nigel
Beginner

I have a mixed language program that uses a fortran DLL that uses the MKL, everything works fine on the development machine but when I try to distribute it to another machine I get a module not found error when the program calls the DLL.  Through a process of elimination I have tracked the problem down to the MKL.  If I do not include the MKL in the link and remove all calls to MKL routines everything is fine.  As soon as I add the MKL to the link, I get the module not found error even with no calls to the MKL routines.  I have tried installing MKL onto the distribution machine, and adding all the redist MKL dlls to the installation folder but neither makes any difference. 

I am using MKL 2019 update 4 on both machines. 

Any ideas gratefully accepted.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wilcox__nigel
Beginner

I may have found the problem to this.  If I set the MKL option to sequential rather than parallel then everything works fine.  The test distribution machine is only windows 10 home and maybe cannot handle parallel processing.

I would still be grateful for any clarification on this

Thanks

0 Kudos
wilcox__nigel
Beginner

A further update, it appears to be a windows 10 problem as the parallel version will not run on win 10 pro, or win 10 home.  

The development machine is Win 7 and so it looks to be some issue with compiling on win 7 and distributing to win 10.   I have not had a problem doing his with any other program so it appears peculiar to MKL.

Thanks

Nigel

0 Kudos