Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL: libiomp5md.dll not found

Perpf2000
Beginner
Hi!
My App (I use static linking /MT with the follwing libs: libiomp5md.lib mkl_core.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_solver.lib) won't execute claiming the above mentioned lib (DLL!!) is not available.
From my point of view, I don't use it anywhere?!
I use static linking to avoid all sorts of DLL-hell, and now I'm stuck with this...

Running dependency walker on my App also shows libiomp5md.dll missing.

I read some topics on the forum, but none of them could really help me. Anyone with a good idea?

thanks & regards,
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Quoting - Perpf2000
Hi!
My App (I use static linking /MT with the follwing libs: libiomp5md.lib mkl_core.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_solver.lib) won't execute claiming the above mentioned lib (DLL!!) is not available.
I use static linking to avoid all sorts of DLL-hell, and now I'm stuck with this...

I read some topics on the forum, but none of them could really help me. Anyone with a good idea?

thanks & regards,
As you have rejected all the suggestions you found, this may not help you, but,
If you don't want the OpenMP library, you must choose the sequential rather than the thread library. You have also the static OpenMP library option in the Intel compilers; it's certainly not recommended when you are confused about .dll's, and possibly not recommended with CL.
0 Kudos
Thomas_M_10
Beginner
Quoting - Perpf2000
Hi!

thanks & regards,

0 Kudos
Thomas_M_10
Beginner
Quoting - vmsi@erols.com

I have encountered the same problem with libiomp5md.dll not found when trying to execute a program which was compiled on a different computer. I tried /static and /libs:static and /MT when linking. The result was always the same. But, then I found a message which indicated that the static library equivalent to libiomp5md.dll is libiomp5mt.lib. So, I added this lib to the of my link command line and this solved the problem. Evidently, telling the compiler to link statically does not appear to be properly passed along to the linker, hence the problem.
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Static libiomp5 has its own separate option for Intel compilers /Qopenmp-link:static
It's in the help file.
0 Kudos