Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL licence installation issue?

John_C_4
Beginner

I just purchased a single user licence for MKL for Linux.  I've already installed an eval copy of MKL (assume a complete MKL).  Do I need to re-install MKL or can I simply replace the eval licence file with the licence file that was e-mailed to me after I register (in /opt/intel/licenses/)?

---John

0 Kudos
6 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
You should be able to make a simple license replacement. The point of registering the license would be to check for upgraded version availability at https://registrationcenter.intel.com and to get a support account.
0 Kudos
John_C_4
Beginner
I simply ran install.sh without deleting the eval version (of MKL) and choose to register using the serial number. It added/created its own licence file, so I removed the licence file I got in my e-mail from /opt/intel/licenses/. It appears the have updated the files under /opt/intel/ and added composer_xe_2013.1.117/ under /opt/intel/. It left composer_xe_2013.0.079/. ---John
0 Kudos
Nikolay_L_Intel
Employee
Hello John, You have purchased the newer version of the product (#117 package is the Update 1), so it was installed side-by-side with your previous eval copy. It is the expected behaviour. Thank you, - Nikolay
0 Kudos
John_C_4
Beginner
I'm about to get a new machine and install Fedora 17 on it. So naturally I want to move the installation to the new machine. Should I install from from the *.tgz file (I downloaded) and choose NOT to register using the serial number. Then copy the licence file that was created from my first installtion to /opt/intel/licenses/? ---John
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
In order to install from the tar file, you will need to copy the license file and select the license file option, or you will be asked to supply the key for checking over the internet. Either will work; it's basically an honor system that you don't use multiple installations simultaneously in violation of license terms.
0 Kudos
John_C_4
Beginner
I'm a contractor who uses Fedora + gfortran to make a living. Just me and my laptop here in my office - honest. ;-) ---John
0 Kudos