Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL

HCJang
Beginner

I programmed using MicroSoft IMSL Libraries.

I wan to use The Intel Fortran Compiler.

and  then I want to convert The IMSL Libraries function to The Intel MKL Libraries.

I don't know How to exchange.

- IMSL : DLSVCR, DGVLCG, DEVCHF

Please tall me your advises.  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Saying that you wish to "convert The IMSL Libraries function to The Intel MKL Libraries" is somewhat an overreach. You can, on the other hand, try to find Lapack routines that have the same functionality as the IMSL routines that you named. Read the Lapack guide and  find a suitable routine. Sometimes you will find a routine that is an exact replacement, i.e., has the same name and the same arguments. More often, you have to find the closest replacement that you can find. MKL contains all the Lapack and BLAS routines as a small subset. MKL provides both Fortran 77 and Fortran 90+ interfaces to BLAS and Lapack; the latter are easier to use and do not require you to provide work arrays, etc., and have shorter argument lists.

That advice is for dense matrices. If you have large sparse matrices, MKL has routines for handling those, for which Lapack has no equivalent. You can find details in the MKL documentation.

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

Please refer to the oneMKL Fortran Developer guide given below and see if you could find alternate APIs.

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/onemkl-developer-reference-fortran/top.html

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos
RahulV_intel

Hi,

I have not heard back from you. So, I will go ahead and close this thread from my end. Feel free to post a new question if you require further assistance from Intel.

Thanks,

Rahul

0 Kudos