Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

MKL8? How can I get MKL8.0?

zhangwei818800
Beginner

I want to use MKL8.0,but now I just find the version from 9.0-10.1 in the register center ,so where can I get 8.0 ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - zhangwei818800

I want to use MKL8.0,but now I just find the version from 9.0-10.1 in the register center ,so where can I get 8.0 ?

sorry, no way to get it.
btw - in the registration center you can find 9.0, 9.1, 10.0, 10.1 and the latest 10.2
Zhangwei, i am just curious why are you looking for this version?
What is the advantage of 8.0 versus the latest versions ?
--Gennady
0 Kudos
zhangwei818800
Beginner
As my system is redhat linux 9 which is too old, and I want to use it with ifort8
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting - zhangwei818800
As my system is redhat linux 9 which is too old, and I want to use it with ifort8

Yes, that's clear.In this case, it seems to me, you are not interested in the latest CPU optimizations available in the latest versions as well as a lot of others improvements....

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Yes, that's clear.In this case, it seems to me, you are not interested in the latest CPU optimizations available in the latest versions as well as a lot of others improvements....

Note that MKL 8.0 is not matched with ifort 8.0 (a relatively buggy version) in the sense of sharing the same libguide OpenMP library, for example, while the recent ifort professional releases give you matched MKL and Fortran compiler. You can't assume that the older tools will work better on the older OS, even though they may indicate in release notes that they were tested on that OS.
0 Kudos