Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Memory leak happened in PARDISO when phase = 33?

Zhanghong_T_
Novice

Dear administrator,

I used PARDISO to solve large sparse matrix with phase = 33 many times, I found that the memory usage increased everytime the PARDISO is called with phase=33. So I checked the sample program 'pardiso_sym_c.c' with Intel Inspector. The conculsion is as follows:

1) When call the PARDISO 100 times with phase = 33, the object size by memory leak is 28800;

2) When call the PARDISO 1000 times with phase = 33, the object size by memory leak is 288000.

I also attached the whole solution for you to reproduce the problem.

Could you please help me to take a look at it?

Thanks,

Zhanghong Tang

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Zhanghong_T_
Novice

I also noticed the funciton 'mkl_free_buffers' and tried to add it after the PARDISO, however, the results are the same.

Thanks,

Zhanghong Tang

0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2

Hi,

Thanks a lot for testcase, we will investigate the problem.

With best regards,

Alexander Kalinkin

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Tang,

I noticed you use mkl from composer 2011 ( this is mkl version 10.3 ). I detected the memory leakage with the latest  MKL 11.0 ( bundled with Composer 2013 ) and I don't see the leakage. Would you check it on your side? yoг can give the eval version of mkl. 

--Gennady

0 Kudos
Zhanghong_T_
Novice

Hi Gennady,

Thank you very much for your information. Is it really true that MKL 11.0 doesn't have the memory leakage problem? I will try it latter.

On the other hand, some time ago I gave a post to complain that static link with the new version of MKL will generate too large static library (more than 300 MB) so that I still use version 10.3 (in 10.3 there is a file 'mkl_solver_lp64.lib' and I link with this one instead of 'mkl_core.lib' so that the size of generated library is reasonable). I don't know whether this problem is solved or not, or in your side you don't think it is a problem. However, if the latest version solved the memory leakage problem, I have to use latest version.

Thanks,

Zhanghong Tang

0 Kudos
Zhanghong_T_
Novice

Hi Gennady,

Thank you very much for your information. I tested 11.0 and found that the memory leakage problem is really fixed.

Thanks,

Zhanghong Tang

0 Kudos