Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Missing Dummy Libraries.. now what?

mcguiganj
Beginner
I'm trying to compile the molecular dynamics suite Amber 10 using the Intel C/C++ compiler and Math Kernel Libraries. I've been able to successfully compile it before using an older version of MKL (10.1.2.024) but from what I've read here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=67884 MKLs above 10.2 have removed the so called dummy libraries which unfortunately Amber still links to.

My question is, amber is looking for:

icc: error #10236: File not found: '/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.1.017/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.a'
icc: error #10236: File not found: '/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.1.017/lib/em64t/libmkl_em64t.a'

Can I create a link to the proper libraries and call it these library names?

Thanks,

John
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArturGuzik
Valued Contributor I
Quoting - mcguiganj
I'm trying to compile the molecular dynamics suite Amber 10 using the Intel C/C++ compiler and Math Kernel Libraries. I've been able to successfully compile it before using an older version of MKL (10.1.2.024) but from what I've read here: http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=67884 MKLs above 10.2 have removed the so called dummy libraries which unfortunately Amber still links to.

My question is, amber is looking for:

icc: error #10236: File not found: '/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.1.017/lib/em64t/libmkl_lapack.a'
icc: error #10236: File not found: '/opt/intel/mkl/10.2.1.017/lib/em64t/libmkl_em64t.a'

Can I create a link to the proper libraries and call it these library names?

Thanks,

John

If you have makefile and can edit it -> then just replace dummy libs with "appropriate" equivalents. If you can't, then you may try build dummy libs yourself (so yes, go ahead and make your own mkl_lapack.a)

If you compiled I assume you have sources so most probably can edit makefile, linking line(s) and that would be more reliable solution.

A.
0 Kudos