Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6974 Discussions

Missing mkl_cblas.h and other "C" header files in v17 for windows

bluequartz
Beginner

Does the Visual Fortran v17 include the "C" header files for BLAS and LAPACK? I seem to have them in another installation of v17 but I may have just copied from another v16 or other installation.

Thanks

Mike Jackson

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

If you're installing the "Composer Edition for Fortran Windows", the MKL C/C++ header files are not installed. If the product you are installing also includes Intel C++, you'll get the C/C++ header files.

0 Kudos
bluequartz
Beginner

Yes, I believe I am installing the Parallel Studio XE Composer edition for Fortran (Windows). Odd that my other machine has those files. I must have found them from the version 16 of the Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition that I had previously installed? So the only way to get those headers are to also purchase a license for the Intel C++ compiler? Seems a pricey way to get some simple compatibility headers. 

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

Mike Jackson

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

MKL is now free on its own. https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2558&licensetype=2

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

You might try modifying your V17 installation (either via control panel Uninstall/Change for PSXE 2017 or re-running the installer) and see if you can select installation of the MKL C++ headers. I noted in a recent PSXE 2017 Composer Edition Fortran-only installation these C++ headers are not installed by default but are optionally installable from the Fortran only package.

0 Kudos
bluequartz
Beginner

Thanks for the heads up. Turns out my project did not really need the actual headers but just was using them to figure out where MKL was installed.

Thanks

Mike Jackson

0 Kudos