Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Missing mkl_solver.lib

aw79
Beginner
Hi,

thinking that we have an IVF 10.1 Professional license with MKL and IMSL, 
I was looking forward to test the performance of Pardiso (with the .f - example from the doc).
Unfortunately, the linker exits with

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mkl_solver.lib'.

Interestingly, I was not even trying to link mkl_solver.lib,
only imslmkl_dll.lib and mkl_c.lib. Searching for mkl_solver.lib gave no results.
So the question is whether we have a broken installation/wrong license to use Pardiso or
just wrong compiler/linker options? Thank you in advance

Anton

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Hello Anton,

I guess you are using MKL 10.* version? If yes, please try to link the following libraries for ia32 system:

mkl_solver.lib mkl_intel_c.lib mkl_intel_thread.lib mkl_core.lib libguide40.lib

and let me know if any furher question

Regards, Gennady

0 Kudos
Ushma_A_
Beginner

Dear Sir,

I have installed Fortran composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080. But the required mkl_solver.a library is not found in mkl/lib directory.

how it can be compiled.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Use the MKL link-line advisor for the version of IFort and MKL that you have installed, instead of reading old third-party instructions on how to use older versions of MKL. Recent versions of MKL have the routines in the old solver library merged into the main MKL libraries.

You will find the link-line advisor in 

c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013 SP1\Documentation\en_US\mkl\mkl_link_line_advisor.htm

Also see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-link-line-advisor .

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

as additionally you can use also Command-line Link Tool -  mkl_root\tools\mkl_link_tool.exe  

0 Kudos