Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6956 Discussions

Multiple Calls of PARDISO in one program run - Conflict for memory setup?

Nan_Deng
Beginner
I have a program that needs to call PARDISO multiple times during each run, once to get the inverse of a (large)dense matrix, the next time to solvea (much larger) set of equations with sparse matrix. I wonder if the call for symbolic factorization for PARDISO is to set up the internal requirement for RAMs and VMs, and if so, how can I keep these two calls for different matrices from conflicting each other?

In addition, the solution is donefor each frequency. The matrices will change with differentfrequencies but the matrix structure will not not change. Isis possible that we do the symbolic factorization only once and then use the structure for allsolutions? Especially when I have two sets of matrices?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel
Quoting Nan Deng
I have a program that needs to call PARDISO multiple times during each run, once to get the inverse of a (large)dense matrix, the next time to solvea (much larger) set of equations with sparse matrix. I wonder if the call for symbolic factorization for PARDISO is to set up the internal requirement for RAMs and VMs, and if so, how can I keep these two calls for different matrices from conflicting each other?

In addition, the solution is donefor each frequency. The matrices will change with differentfrequencies but the matrix structure will not not change. Isis possible that we do the symbolic factorization only once and then use the structure for allsolutions? Especially when I have two sets of matrices?

for the first item: you have to create 2 different pardiso's handles.

for the second item - yes, it should work, but we don't test such behaviour. Please let us know how it will work..

--Gennady

0 Kudos