Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Numerical Integration Routines

Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

Hello,

Is there any MKL routine for numerical integration?

We are interesting in numerical integration in a semiinfinite region and our integrand is oscillating but it decay quikly to zero (like a Lipschitz function exp(-ax)*Jo(bx)).

Thank you very much

Gianluca

0 Kudos
9 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

No such routines in MKL, but see https://people.sc.fsu.edu/~jburkardt/f_src/quadpack/quadpack.html. There are routines in Quadpack for singular integrands, infinite intervals and oscillatory integrands.

0 Kudos
Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

Is it possible to integrate this library in C# ?

Are there dlls? 

is there better commercial solutions, for this purpose?

BR

Gianluca

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The source code of Quadpack is in Fortran. In principle, you can build a DLL from that and call the routines from C and Fortran. On top of that, using well-known procedures, you could in principle use the DLL from C#.  I don't use C# much, so I cannot comment on the basis of personal experience.

See also the IMSL C# library, http://docs.roguewave.com/imsl/net/6.5.2/manual/docs/api/html/Example/Math/QuadratureEx4.html, and the similar NAG C# numerical library.

0 Kudos
Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

ok thank you,

but is it your intention to integrate these procedures in MKL in the future?

At the moment, we don't want to use other lib than MKL.

BR

Gianluca

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Gianluca G. wrote:
but is it your intention to integrate these procedures in MKL in the future?

Note: I do not represent Intel; I am a forum user just as you are.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Guinluca, currently we don't have such plans. at least at the nearest (next ) version of MKl 2018. 

0 Kudos
Gianluca_G_1
Beginner

Dear mecej4, 

I want to say thank you for every helpfull suggestions you've given us.

is it possible to know who you are? we can stay in touch with you?

Best Regards

Gianluca

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I forgot to mention another library/framework that you may wish to consider: ALGLIB, at www.alglib.net/integration.

You are welcome to bring your numerical methods questions to this forum. Even when a particular topic is not covered in MKL, it is relevant to consider how to link external software with MKL. Both IMSL and NAG do this concerning their libraries.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

btw, Alglib reuses internally MKL

0 Kudos