Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

OMP: Warning #90:..

Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Hi,

Just downloaded and installed w_mkl_11.0.1.119.exe

After running the first test I get the - bundle of- :

OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of “__itt_<function>”
function in <installdir><redistlibpath>\pdbx.dll library failed.

Looking at the documentation, I see I have to ignore it. My question is how can I get rid of it?

(vs2010, win7 64bit ).

Thank you very much in advance,

P-

0 Kudos
52 Replies
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

OLga,

(typical example)

ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_callee_leave" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.

And now that I know it, what do I do with ir ?

ps: The onlky dll loaded should be the one from mkl . If, as you say, this one is properly fixed, since I am using the latest and greatest one, then I should not see the messages.

Alas, no, the installation opted for not installing the newest dll because it found another one (older !! and therefore not fixed!!) , which chose to mantain so that other parallel studio utilities do not break down. Understood as conceivable.

There's got to be a (much) better way to distribute updates..

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_callee_leave" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer >>SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed. - These problems could be related to Intel Threading Building Blocks ( TBB ) library ( it has to be confirmed... ) - The TBB dynamic library, Tbb.dll, is possibly used by Pdbx.dll - Ittnotify message Lookup of "__itt_stack_callee_leave" function could be displayed from Tbb.dll or from Pdbx.dll and that is why some additional information is needed. That is, a complete output from VS Output Window of your application.
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Sergey,

I am using tbb in my code. It is the tbb41_20120718oss distribution - but not in this project, although the libs are avail to link as part of more general property sheets and vc++ directories settings.

This is what is found in the Output window :

'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\_petros\_otc\src\otc\x64\Debug\test_libRandom.exe', Symbols loaded.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\mkl_rt.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\tbb\vc10\tbb_preview_debug.dll', Symbols loaded.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\libmmdd.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\tbb\vc10\tbbmalloc_debug.dll', Symbols loaded.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\mkl_intel_thread.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\mkl_core.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\libiomp5md.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\mkl_vml_mc3.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\mkl_mc3.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\libimalloc.dll', Binary was not built with debug information.
'test_libRandom.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\mkl\libimalloc.dll'
The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x1538) has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x154c) has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x9e4) has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The thread 'Win64 Thread' (0x13c4) has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The program '[9364] test_libRandom.exe: Native' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

And - in case this helps- this is the output of the code :

OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_function_createA" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_function_createW" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_allocate_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_allocate_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_free_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_free_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_reallocate_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_reallocate_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_internal_access_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_internal_access_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_createA" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_createW" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_createA" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_createW" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_destroy" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_inc" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_inc_delta" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_caller_create" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_caller_destroy" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_callee_enter" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_callee_leave" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
Intel(R) OMP Copyright (C) 1997-2011, Intel Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Intel(R) OMP version: 5.0.20110606

Thank you and Olga for your help,

P-

ps: apologies for last comment - I have been very frustrated about some of these things, but obviously everyone here has tried and has been very helpful.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Thanks, Petros and I don't see any problems and all Intel DLLs are loaded from: 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\redist\intel64\..." [ Olga's statement ] >>>>...MKL 11.0 installation package should contain the right version of the OpenMP library that has the fix for the warnings... [ Petro's version ] ... Intel(R) OMP version: 5.0.20110606 Olga, this is what Petros has. Does Intel(R) OMP version: 5.0.20110606 have that fix?
0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

Petros,

Since you installed MKL 11.0 I guess you supposed to use it with your test, right?

But from the Output  you gave it is clear that all libraries (including MKL and OpenMP) are loaded from Composer 2011 SP1.

If you correctly installed MKL 11.0 it would located in the directory like C:\Program Files(x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2013\mkl\. Please, see Installation Guide for MKL 11.0 for installation tree - http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-mkl-110-install-guide

So, your Visual Studio project has incorrect path to libraries.

To fix it and use correct libraries you can add correct path to your project.

First, check that you really have MKL 11.0 installed in the path I mentioned above (with the folder name ComposerXE-2013).

Open Project Property Pages -> Configuration Properties -> VC++ Directories.

Add the path to MKL libraries (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\mkl\lib\<arch>) to Library Directories.

Add the path to other shared libraries - including OpenMP (C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2013\compiler\lib\<arch>) to Library Directories.

<arch> - architecture (ia32 or intel64).

Save properties, run your test and check output for loaded library path.

Hope it can help.

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

Sergey Kostrov wrote:

Olga, this is what Petros has. Does Intel(R) OMP version: 5.0.20110606 have that fix?

No, 20110606 does not have the fix.

The problem is that all libraries including MKL and OpenMP (libiomp5md.dll) are loaded from Composer XE 2011 whereas the MKL 11.0 istallation would have directory structure from Composer XE 2013. It means something is wrong with MKL 11.0 installation...

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

I attached the picture with Properties dialog...just in case.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Composer XE 2013... I'm not sure that Petros has it installed and I see that Petros has: - ...I am using intel c++ compiler 12.1 for win (7 64bit) with 64bit builds... and - ...Just downloaded and installed w_mkl_11.0.1.119.exe Petros, could you check a version of libmmd.dll using Windows Explorer ( find the libmmd.dll, select it, look at properties, look at Version property page ). This is what I have: - for Intel C++ compiler version 12 - File Version = 12.0.12.2 - for Intel C++ compiler version 13 - File Version = 12.0.12.2 File versions are the same ( it is strange... ) but sizes are different.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>>>Olga, this is what Petros has. Does Intel(R) OMP version: 5.0.20110606 have that fix? >> >>No, 20110606 does not have the fix. Thank you, Olga. >>The problem is that all libraries including MKL and OpenMP (libiomp5md.dll) are loaded from Composer XE 2011 whereas >>the MKL 11.0 istallation would have directory structure from Composer XE 2013. It means something is wrong with MKL 11.0 >>installation... I agree with that. Petros, I understand that the warning message is displayed every timne when you're debugging. But, this is just warning and could you simply ignore it? As soon as you have Composer XE 2013 it won't be displayed. Please, just ignore the warning message because I don't think something else could be done. Best regards, Sergey
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Olga and ergey,

First of all thank you for your help.

After these emails I am a bir confused..

Olga,

in my property sheets I use the env variable mklroot to point to the include and lib/bin directories of mkl.

hecking on a command prompt for the environment variable I see :

C:\Users\petros>echo %mklroot%
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Composer XE 2011 SP1\mkl
So, not Composer XE 2013 etc.

So I changed the mklroot environment variable to point where you are saying.

And now the env var prints fine. . Restarted the vs2010. Rebuilt everything. etting the same messages as beore - oblivious to thechange of the

env var. Is it possible that this collides with an mkl defined mklroot ?

And yes, I am using - or at least I hoPE I am, the newest mkl version and during installation followed all the default settings.

I will have to look more into this in daylight ( it is 2:45 in the morning here ;-)) )

Sergey,

If I understand you correctly, even if I correct what I am very likely doing wrong, I will still have the same problem ?

And, guys, you have no idea how long it takes for the debugger to come alive..

And I have an i7 with 18GB of memory.. It is not a nuissance, it is a real thing..

Thank you for your help,

P-

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...you have no idea how long it takes for the debugger to come alive.. >> >>And I have an i7 with 18GB of memory. Please try to increase size of the Virtual Memory on your computer ( in 2 or 3 times ).
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Update:

By openning an mkl file from vs (using the environment variable) and checking the path it now points to the new mkl (XE 2013 directory structure). This makes me believe that the libs are picked up from there as well. Now, if internally the dll's look for some environment variable

that is set at installation and they call the omp one from there, I don't know..

Thank you for the help,

P-

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Petros, >>...By openning an mkl file from vs (using the environment variable) and checking the path... Could you give an exact name of the DLL you've selected?
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Hi Sergey,

mkl_rt.lib

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

Petros Mamales wrote:

Update:

By openning an mkl file from vs (using the environment variable) and checking the path it now points to the new mkl (XE 2013 directory structure). This makes me believe that the libs are picked up from there as well. Now, if internally the dll's look for some environment variable

that is set at installation and they call the omp one from there, I don't know..

Thank you for the help,

P-

So, you mean you are sure all dlls are loaded from the correct place (Composer XE 2013 directory tree), right?

And what's the result? You still see Warning #90 from libiomp?

Check the version of the OpenMP library again by setting environment variable KMP_VERSION=1.

0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Hi Olga,

I still see warning #90 (MKL_VERSION has been 1) and the message references the old location,

For example:

OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_function_createA" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

Petros Mamales wrote:

Hi Olga,

(MKL_VERSION has been 1) 

Note, the env var name should be KMP_VERSION=1. Set it in your VS project and copy all messages from Output Window here (like you did above).

We'll check the pathes to loaded libraries.

0 Kudos
Olga_M_Intel
Employee

Petros Mamales wrote:

Hi Olga,

(MKL_VERSION has been 1) 

Note, the env var name should be KMP_VERSION=1. Set it in your VS project and copy all messages from Output Window here (like you did above).

We'll check the pathes to loaded libraries.

0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

I don't understand what you mean when you say "Set it in your VS project ".

Where do you do this ? I did it in ControlPanel->System->environment variables

0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

OK , I get it. Properties->Configuration->Debugging etc.

Did it and rebuilt. Same results, as far as I can tell :

OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_function_createW" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_allocate_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_allocate_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_free_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_free_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_reallocate_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_reallocate_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_internal_access_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_internal_access_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_createA" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_createW" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_begin" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_frame_end" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_createA" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_createW" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_destroy" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_inc" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_counter_inc_delta" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_caller_create" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_caller_destroy" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_callee_enter" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_stack_callee_leave" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed.
Intel(R) OMP Copyright (C) 1997-2011, Intel Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
Intel(R) OMP version: 5.0.20110606
Intel(R) OMP library type: performance
Intel(R) OMP link type: dynamic
Intel(R) OMP build time: 2011-06-07 02:07:15 UTC
Intel(R) OMP build compiler: Intel C++ Compiler 12.0
Intel(R) OMP alternative compiler support: yes
Intel(R) OMP API version: 3.0 (200805)
Intel(R) OMP tracefile support: no
Intel(R) OMP dynamic error checking: no
Intel(R) OMP helper thread support: yes
Intel(R) OMP thread affinity support: not used
Intel(R) OMP debugger support version: 1.1
Intel(R) OMP Intel(R) RML support: not using

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Petros, I'd like to make a couple of notes. 1. I have a primary computer system with Windows 7 64-bit OS and Intel C++ Parallel Studio XE 2013 ( Initial Release without any updates / ALL components installed ). I searched the drive C and I couldn't find pdbx.dll. It means, that the latest version of MKL doesn't use it. I can't confirm it for 100% but I see the pdbx.dll simply doesn't exists on my 64-bit OS. 2. I have a secondary computer system with Windows XP 32-bit OS and Intel C++ Parallel Studio XE 2011 ( Update 9 / MKL is Not installed ). I searched the drive C and I found pdbx.dll. It means, that pdbx.dll is a 32-bit DLL but I don't know if older versions of MKL use it. 3. Regarding the following message: ... OMP: Warning #90: ittnotify: Lookup of "__itt_heap_function_createA" function in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Parallel Studio 2011\Composer SP1\redist\intel64\compiler\pdbx.dll" library failed. ... I see that some module tries to load a pdbx.dll and it can't find __itt_heap_function_createA function. Why? I don't know. My questions are as follows: - Do you have pdbx.dll on your 64-bit system? and - If Yes, Is pdbx.dll a 32-bit or 64-bit? ( You need to use MS Depends utility for that verification ) Please take a look at a couple of screenshots in my next posts.
0 Kudos