Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Official CMake support for MKL

Hodara__Joachim1

Hi,

I would like to add MKL to my C++ library, but it is currently tedious to do so using CMake. The C++ community has mostly embraced CMake over the past few years, as can be seen in the number of related threads on this very forum:

CMAKE and FindMKL or FindLAPACK
MKL and CMAKE
Configuring CMake - BLAS and MLK Library Not found
Findind MKL with cmake
cmake configure findBLAS.cmake can't find MKL

Could NOT find MKL
OsX 10.10 breaking error through CMAKE

A few unofficial FindMKL.cmake scripts can be found online, but these haven't been updated in a while, and still rely on old CMake 2.x syntax.

While I very much appreciate Intel's efforts to improve the performance and reliability of the MKL, I feel it would be extremely valuable for the entire community if Intel could provide official CMake support for its library. Using the MKL would become as trivial as

find_package(MKL)
if (MKL_FOUND)
    target_link_libraries(my_executable MKL::MKL) 
endif()

Back in 2013, an Intel employee commented: "Note, that it's CMAKE providing support for MKL and not vice versa. So the best course of action is submitting your issue directly to CMAKE bug tracking system." I disagree with this statement. The entire community is moving towards CMake, and it is my personal opinion that it is Intel's job to make sure that its own libraries fit in the C++ ecosystem.

Moving forward, does Intel have any plan to officially support CMake?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gennady_F_Intel

Did you finally submit the Feature Request to the Intel Online Service Center? This is the official way to follow this kind of request.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

here is the link to OSC - https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US

0 Kudos
Peter0000
New Contributor I

Where can I find MKLConfig.cmake ?

My apologies for not making a "new post" but I cannot find the option here!!

0 Kudos