Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

PARADISO Compile Error

Bradley_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to use PARADISO from the MKL library, however, I cannot compile my program because of the following C2059 syntax error '(' on Line 71 of mkl_paradiso.h

Has anyone else had this problem?

I am using VS2015, the same error occurs is ILP64 is on or off. I have an intel i7-4720HQ chip in a Razer Laptop, running windows 8.

compiling debug x64

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

It would help to have the source code that you tried to compile, and information about MKL version, C compiler used and C compiler options used.

Alternatively, you could yourself use the compiler's /E flag to show the output of the preprocessor and examine the line that caused the problem, in particular whether the output line (or group of lines) have mismatched parentheses.

0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel

Bradley, let's try to start since the one of pardiso C example which you can find from "mkROOTl\examples\solverc\source\" folder. Do you see the same problem with these examples?

0 Kudos
Bradley_R_
Beginner

Hi Gennady, 

Do you know which of the samples uses Pardiso? I can get this sample: sexample_sparse_c.c to compile & run with no problems.

I'm using the vc140 compiler through visual studio 2015. I'm using the MKL 11.3

thanks!

Bradley

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Look in the folder ...\mkl\examples\solverc\source . There will be about half-a-dozen files with names starting with "pardiso".

0 Kudos