Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

PARDISO - Phase 33

Alemdar__Bulent
Beginner

Hello

I am solving (relatively) a big system with PARDISO (6810921 nonzero terms, 64080 equations, and 508 columns in load vector). I am calling Phase 11, 22 and 33.

I just noticed that PARDISO tries to allocate significant amount of memory when "Phase 33" is called, and then returns me memory allocation.

I understand that Phase 11 and 22 needs to allocate memory for factorization, but I was not expecting high memory demand for Phase 33 as well.

Is this expected? Is there a way to know how much memory needed for Phase 33? Anyway to reduce this memory demand (out-of-core option is not helping me for this).

Regards

Bulent

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gennady_F_Intel

Bulent!

yes, this is expected in the case if your case computes with iterative refinement.  there is way to estimate how much memory it will take but this is pretty roughly estimation.

With regard to OOC mode -- please try to evaluate ( you promised to do that :) ) 11.2. This version helps you in the case of out-of -core.

regards, Gennady

0 Kudos