Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

PARDISO segmentation fault

Koshkarev_A_
Beginner

idbc wrote after 80% of LL' factorization:

Program received signal SIGSEGV
mkl_blas_mc_sgem2vu_odd () in /mnt/storage/opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/mkl/lib/intel64/libmkl_mc.so

in the attachment there is matrix with the program and makefile to reproduce this fault.

Matrix is CSR 3-array-variation 1-based (Upper triangle part of hermitian matrix) with about 22 000 000 nonzeros and 64000x64000 size

The same program with smaller size worked, max size tested 17280x17280.

The program executed on the: MACHTYPE=x86_64-suse-linux; HP DL580 G5 with 4x Intel Xeon 7350

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hi John!

Of course I have a personal bias but I believe you would get a more decent support in case you start using Intel oneMKL PARDISO.

I am pretty sure that you will not have an issue like you described if you follow the described ways (like how to compile and link your code with oneMKL, e.g. from here https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/components/onemkl/link-line-advisor.html). Even if smth goes wrong, on this forum you'd get an answer about what is wrong or how to do it properly.

Best,
Kirill

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
46 Replies
John48
Beginner

Hi Kirill,

I will do as you say.

Will I be able to download the C compiler and necessary libraries (eg BLAS and Lapack) from: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/components/onemkl/link-line-adviso...)?

Many thanks,

John

0 Kudos
Kirill_V_Intel
Employee

Hi John,

No, my link only goes to the tool which helps you compile and link your code with oneMKL, not to the download.

@Rahul_V_Intel@AbhishekD_Intel, or @PrasanthD_intel , would one of you please help John with downloading and installing oneMKL (and the toolkit with classic C compiler)? I think you've helped a lot of people already with questions from the same area.

Best,
Kirill

0 Kudos
John48
Beginner

Hi Gennady,

Thank you for this.  I have carried out the initial download but cannot get further than:

By continuing with this installation, you are agreeing with the terms and conditions of
In End User License Agreementnt
Accept & Installll Accept & configure installation Download Only Decline & quit

I have obviously tried double clicking on the first option.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos
John48
Beginner

Hi Kirill,

Can you please help with this:

Hi Gennady,

Thank you for this.  I have carried out the initial download but cannot get further than:

By continuing with this installation, you are agreeing with the terms and conditions of
In End User License Agreementnt
Accept & Installll Accept & configure installation Download Only Decline & quit

It seems that I have to select one of these blue-highlighted options but it is not obvious how I can do this as clicking on the first does not work.

Regards,

John

0 Kudos