Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.
6977 Discussions

PARDISO throws Floating Point Exception during release of internal memory

Wilkins_Aquino
Beginner
I'm using the PARDISO solver as part of an iterative algorithm that requires a linear solve of a sparse system at each iteration. Moreover, while executing the algorithm with the Totalview debugger, the execution is halted at the third iteration because of a floating point exception thrown by the PARDISO call to release internal memory. The curious thing is that the PARDISO call to solve the system completes successfully (I checked the residual of the linear system, and it is in the order of machine precision). Nevertheless, I cannot explain the nature of this floating point exception and am afraid it is indicative of potentially spurious behavior such as a segmentation fault. I would greatly appreciate any help or information related to this issue.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III
Not much can be said unless you provide a working example that displays the behavior described.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
...at the third iteration because of a floating point exception thrown by the PARDISO call to release internal memory...

What was the code for anexception?
0 Kudos
Gennady_F_Intel
yes. would you please give us working example of this case? recently we had similar request and we are working on this problem.
--Gennady
0 Kudos
jtcamel
Beginner

Wilkins,

You may want to try and see if the floating point exception still occures when compiling with the debug (i.e., -g) option. Sometimes, when optimizing for speed (e.g., -fast option) the compiler will take shortcuts that lead to floating point exceptions.
0 Kudos