Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library
Ask questions and share information with other developers who use Intel® Math Kernel Library.

Pardiso 4.1.0

Petros_Mamales
Beginner
Hi,
Are there any plans to include pardiso 4.1 in mkl in the near future?
Thank you, P-
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi,
Which feature from PARDISO 4.1 areyou interested in?
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner
I was trying to build the ipopt optimization package, and thenew pardiso was said to include functionality which would be necessary for it. You can refer to:

O. Schenk, A. Wachter, and M. Hagemann. Matching-based preprocessing algorithms to the solution

of saddle-point problems in large-scale nonconvex interior-point optimization.

In the official IPOPT page there is mention of the MKL pardiso being not suitable for the build. And, related,in the pardiso page, there are ipopt binaries for sale.
Thank you.

0 Kudos
Petros_Mamales
Beginner

Coming back to my initial question, is there any plans for pardiso 4.1?
Thank you, in advance.

0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2

Hi,

Now Im investigating your issue trying to find a workaround. Nevertheless, there is a feature request to develop features from UB PARDISO 4.1 so Ive added the information from this topic into this tracker.

With best regards,

Alexander Kalinkin

0 Kudos
Peter_Hollinger
Beginner
Hi,
Which feature from PARDISO 4.1 areyou interested in?
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin

One feature I miss in MKL's PARDISO is an option to solve the transposed problem (equivalently, solve the normal problem for a matrix in CSC format rather than CSR). In PARDISO 4.1.2, that option is invoked by setting IPARM(12)=1.

Another useful option is to compute the determinant; in 4.1.2: IPARM(33)=1.
0 Kudos
Alexander_K_Intel2
Hi,
We have feature request to implement support of solving system with transpose matrix so if you provide data about your company or university I could include it in this feature request. If you want to get determinant of symmetric indefinite matrix please look example namedpardiso_sym_getdiag_c in MKL example folder - there is way to get it.
With best regards,
Alexander Kalinkin
0 Kudos